Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Eye Candy of the Day: Picard and the Doctor

In the midst of post-Hamlet decompression, but I thought I'd clean house again and toss this beauty of a photo out there. It's David Tennant (yes, Doctor #10 from Doctor Who) and Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard) from the current London Stage Production of Hamlet.

I would give one of my teeth (maybe a lesser molar) to see this play.

I'm also now obsessed with finding a copy of the Asta Nielsen Hamlet (1920) translated into English. If anyone knows how to get it, please let me know.

2 comments:

kda0121 said...

Jen, I don't know if you saw, but youtube has a couple of clips of the Asta Nielsen version.

Irena said...

Are you interested in Richard Burton's Hamlet? Theater play.
I've seen it is available on DVD now.
I would love to see it.
By the way, this is a legendary Russian Hamlet by Smoktunovsky.
http://www.amazon.com/Grigori-Kozintsevs-Hamlet-Innokenti-Smoktunovsky/dp/B000HEWENA/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1231062003&sr=8-8